Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Setlist 02-22-09

This entry is part of the fun going on at Fred McKinnon's website here.

We had a good day of worship at Westwood today.
As usual some folks like some songs, other folks liked other songs. No one seemed to like them all. But that's the norm. Everyone worships differently and I'm OK with that.

The 2 most discussed things form this mornings service have been the choices of doing "And Can It Be" and a southern gospel hymn medley. I'll tell you more about it in the video below.

Here's today's list...

Orchestral Prelude: You Are My King (Amazing Love)

Announcements

And Can It Be (Updated Hymn arrangement)
You Are My King (Amazing Love)


Welcome / Fellowship
Power In His Blood Medley
-There is Power In The Blood (Ab / BH#225) – 1st V & C
-Are You Washed In The Blood (Ab / BH#229) – 1st V & C
key change then…
-Glory To His Name (G / BH#252) 1st V & C 2x
Be Unto Your Name

Offertory Prayer

Choir Special: Calvary’s Love
Transitional Chorus: I Love You, Lord

Message: Bro. Steve “Truth For life: Faithful love” (Exodus 20:14)
Theme: Marriage; Love & Commitment
Invitation: Softly & Tenderly (HYMN)
Closing Chorus: There is Power In The Blood (HYMN)

I play two short song clips in the video below. You can hear these in their entirety for free at www.lifeway.com/worshipproject


Sunday Setlist 02-22-09 from Shawn Stinson on Vimeo.

How was your Sunday?




3 comments:

  1. Yay for And Can It Be. I have fond memories growing up in the Methodist Church and belting out that hymn with great gusto. Remains one of my faves :) I love note-jumping, but I'm a chorister from way back. Bless you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear with me for a second. Jamie will not agree with this at all.
    "And Can It Be" is sort of like scripture. Not that it is God breathed or anything like that. It is dense. It is a song that you grow to like because it takes a while for it internalize. I like songs that state our love and worship for God. But they are so shallow. I guess I'm at the stage where I like songs that articulate not just THAT I love God but reasons WHY I love God. Jesus is worthy of our worship. Is it too much to ask that we think about (in song) why He is worthy?
    But what do I know? I'm just a musician.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean when it comes to the differences between peoples like and dislikes concerning songs. I’ve had older members come to me and say why don’t we do more older songs and then 2 minutes later a younger member come up and say why don’t we do more new songs. Lol! I think we’ve found our nitch though because it’s been a long time since I’ve heard complaints about it from either side.

    ReplyDelete