Monday, December 14, 2009

On The Second Day Of Christmas...

This entry is the 2nd in my 12 Days of Christmas series. 12 cool gifts for the nerd in your life.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
A remote control Freedom Flyer airplane.

Every guy likes airplanes, whether they admit it or not, there's just something cool about a machine that can travel through the air. Most guys I know also like RC (Remote control) planes and would love to have the chance to play with one. But there's a problem. Actually two of them.  One, if you've never driven an RC plane before, how exactly do you learn how to land? Seems to me that the process of learning how to land is really just the process of learning how not to crash. So when your landing education  is not going great.....Wham!.. there goes your new toy, into one huge pile of FAIL! The second problem is with price. There's the issue of the price of said toy and it's replacement parts to fix what will likely get broken the first time you play with it. So while most guys might want to try to enjoy this activity, most do not because the risks are so high.

But, I think I've found a solution. I've found an RC place that repairs easily, is relatively cheap, and is made to crash and survive, the Freedom Flyer RTF. Not only does it look like a fun toy, it's got a fairly entertaining promo video.



The whole time I watched it, I expected the voice over guy to say I could fly it Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment