Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On The Fourth Day Of Christmas...

This entry is the 4th in my 12 Days of Christmas series. 12 cool gifts for the nerd in your life.

On The fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me....
Fictional Character Statues

Most guys I know had a favorite fictional character as a kid. Whether it was a super hero or a character from a movie, we all had one favorite. Now that we're adults, our society has taught us that playing with toys is inapproptiate. But the nerdiest of the nerdy among us still think fondly of those characters we used to enjoy so much. Today's gift idea gives the nerd in your life a way to enjoy that character without the embarassment of them being caught buying toys or worse yet actually playing with them. You can give them a very detailed, sculpted statue that would look "not too inappropriate" in any home or office. Well, maybe not "any home or office" but mine at least.

Here are a few examples that I know would look nice on my shelf.


It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Christopher Reeve.

"Luke,who's yo daddy?"


The G.I. Joe ninja "Snake Eyes" and his trusty pal Timber. Wearing his original gear from the 1982 version.  The pointing hand can be swapped for a hand holding an uzi. But why would a ninja ever need an uzi?



"Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry."





No comments:

Post a Comment