Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sunday Setlist 03-06-11

GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!
Have you ever felt like God is saying that to you? It's not a good feeling.
I know because I felt Him saying that this past Sunday.

I better begin with a story about last week and a confession. I typically plan our worship services two weeks in advance. But recently I've fallen behind and have been planning the services on the Monday prior to the Sunday in question. Last Monday was a really rough long day at my full time job since it was end of the month. That night, I went home and just crashed instead of working on prayerfully planning the service.  So Tuesday, I knew I had to get it done, and quickly, so that music could be copied, bulletins printed, etc.
I knew of one songs that I wanted to do, so I did a quick search of my word documents of past services to find how we'd done it last time. I'll do that sometimes in order to see which verses, how many repeats, etc.
When I found the song in question, I looked at the rest of the service where we'd done it before almost a year ago. Without much thought, or any prayer about it, I decided to just do that exact service again. Every song. I was done and sending the email within 5 minutes.  I knew when I sent it that God expected more of me, He deserved more of me. My church family deserved more.

So Sunday morning, arrives, I'm walking into church, just feeling that it's going to be a bad day. I felt like since I had done so little in planning the service that every song would probably trainwreck. I was completely focused on me and the lack of preparation I'd done for worship. As I walked on stage I felt God yelling at me, as if he was saying, "If you're just going to sulk, GET OUT OF THE WAY!! You didn't plan well and messed up earlier this week, but right now I am worthy of worship. These people have come here to worship."
Thankfully God completely took over. The Holy Spirit really moved in our service Sunday morning.I saw more raised hands than I normally do on Sundays. There were people praying in the altars at the end of the service. The message was inspirational. People after church were all talking about what a great message it was and what a great job our Pastor did delivering it.

I'm so thankful that God is God and I am not.
I'm thankful that He's in charge and I am not.
I'm thankful that He is willing to use me, in spite of me.

Maybe I should "get out of the way" more often.

Here's what we did....



Orchestral Prelude: Wonderful, Merciful Savior
Announcements - Shawn

Wonderful, Merciful Savior (Eric Wyse & Dawn Rogers)As written = V1, V2, C, V2, C, C, “Oh, our hearts always hunger for”.
How Great Is Our God (Chris Tomlin, Jesse Reeves, and Ed Cash)V1, C, V2, C, C

Welcome / Fellowship - Steve
Your Grace Is Enough (Chris Tomlin and Matt Maher)
As written until end @m69 / V1, PC, C, V2, PC, C, C, PC, C2, no tag
Above All (Paul Baloche, Lenny Leblanc)
As Written / V,C,V,C, C, Tag “like a rose…”

Offertory Prayer

Special Music:
Trio, Heather Potts, Christy Mixon, & Leslie Mixon: How Great Thou Art (HYMN- Selah version)
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Hymn)
Chorus only
Message: Bro. Steve

Invitation:I Have Decided To Follow Jesus (HYMN)
Closing Chorus:Your Grace Is Enough



How was your Sunday?


This entry is part of the Sunday Setlists over at TheWorshipCommunity.com. There you can check out what churches are doing all over the country. This entry is about the Sunday morning worship service at Westwood Baptist Church in the Forestdale community of Birmingham, AL (Our services generally include a 30-35 voice choir, 4 person praise team, and full orchestra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment