Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bad Blogging And Fester's Arms

I'm a bad blogger. I admit it.
Way back in November I was blogging about our 7 day Disney trip but stopped after day 2 when I got sick and never started back. Since then, many "Tales from Street Road" have been lived, but I haven't taken time to write about them. Rather than trying to go back and blog about some of those adventures. How about a quick list? .....

1.) Disney trip was AWESOME!
2.) Christmas is the best holiday ever.
3.) Iris the iPhone has been replaced. (Cue sad music.)  I now have an iPhone 4!! (Cue celebration music!)
4.) Awesome services at church during 40 days of prayer focus.

Well, I may have to go back and write about some of that. It's just too good not to share.

But for now I want to let you know about something new. Well, maybe not new, but something I'm starting again. I've decided to lose 100 lbs. Yep. You read right. I'm going to lose 100 lbs. That's quite a goal I know. But I know I can do it. I even considered starting a brand new blog to write about the journey, but I figure I might as well keep it here. No point in falling behind on two blogs when I can just as easily just fall behind on this one.

If I had started a new blog, it would have been called "Fester's Arms." Why, you ask?

On December 19th, 2010, I was in a church Christmas play called “Christmas in Cricket County”. I played a hillbilly named Fester. The pics of that event have inspired me to get in better shape. When I saw them I couldn’t help but notice my arms. Sure, they’re big and flabby, but really that wasn’t what bothered me. What caught my attention was the farmer’s tan. As far as farmer’s tans go, it’s kind of impressive. I mean, my forearms haven’t seen much sun in about 3 months, but that farmer’s tan is still evident. Sadly, they’re like that because my upper arms haven’t seen the sun in probably 16 years. It was just after high school when I started swimming in a shirt because I wasn’t comfortable with my weight and didn’t want to subject anyone to the view of me shirtless. So I’ve been “shirted” in public ever since. Well, it’s time for that to end.

Do I want a great tan. No. That’s not what this is about.
Do I want to be able to parade around shirtless? Not really.

I just want to get in better shape and be more comfortable with myself.
I want to look better standing beside my gorgeous wife.
I want to be healthier so I can be a better example and better father for my 2 sons.

I know I can do it. I’ve lost weight before. In the summer of 2008 I lost 40+ lbs. But sadly I’ve put half of that back on. I’m just going to take it a day at a time. Eat better, exercise more, and blog about it so you can help keep me accountable.

Here are some stats goals I’ve set for myself. I hope you will see me reach them all in the months to come.
Weight in Spring 2008 = 330.5 (heaviest ever)
Lowest weight in recent years = 286.4 (Fall of 2008)
Current Weight  = 309
Final Goal Weight = 230

5 Smaller Goals...
■Wear jeans I still own from my early 20's.
■Do 100 push ups
■Bounce on our trampoline. (250lb capacity)
■Wear a 1X shirt
■Run in a 5K.
I’m sure more goals will be added to this list. But I figure this is a decent start.

So, to conclude I have 2 questions on my mind.
1.) Will you help keep me accountable?
2.) What’s for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment