Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I started writing this blog today planning to talk about how much I love this time of year. College football, cooler weather, everyone's back to school. It's probably my favorite time of the year...BUT...

Right before I started typing this blog I received an e-mail from Netflix. Even before opening the e-mail, I knew what it said. It was going to tell me what wonderful movies they are mailing my way today. Then I realized something. We've now reached the worse time of year for DVD watchers. This is the time of year when movies that we're in theaters in Jan- April are released on DVD. Yuk, everyone knows those movies stink. The big summer movies don't start getting released until closer to the holidays. So for the next couple months at least, my movie viewing is going to be limited to movies that I'm indifferent about watching, nothing I'm just dying to see.

You may be wondering why I'd watch a movie I really don't want to watch. It's not that I don't want to watch them, it's that I'm just not excited about them. Plus, I'm spending $18 of my hard earned dollars every month to enjoy 3 movies out at a time. So I try to make the most of my plan and watch 3 every week which would mean I'm paying only $1.38 per movie with no late fees.

So here are the blah movies for this week...

1.) Sunshine Cleaning (I'm expecting this one to be "independent film quirky".)
2.) Pink Panther 2 (I'm expecting this one to have at least 2 good laughs. That's about all Steve Martin's earned per movie in recent years)
3.) Tyler Perry's: Madea Goes to Jail. (Probably the one of these I want to see the most.)

And one more thing...
If you get a chance to see Julia Roberts new movie "Duplicity", don't.

I'm through being whiny now.

5 comments:

  1. I think you need to drop your package to 1 out at a time. I stream a lot of movies from Netflix and have had this one movie Cj wanted sitting at the house for 2 months. Between video games, Facebook , network and cable Tv there is just not enough time to watch all these movies. The Madea series are pretty good with a surprisingly good message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I'm sad to say that my internet connection is not fast enough for streaming netflix. I tried to watch a movie this weekend and it hung up to buffer every 10 seconds. I just couldn't take it. And I don't typically sit and watch all 3 movies. Most of my movie viewing experiences are done while doing other things. So I'm sure I'll put these movies in while doing something else. Gotta multi-task.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya..we have a laptop in the living room so we can watch Tv/Movies, eat and surf the net :-) at the same time...got to love technogoly but I would still recomend dropping down to one movie at a time. Seems to me like Netflix has a good turn around time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to watch movies while eating bacon. Now that is multitasking. And if you didn't live on the rim of the butthole of Alabama you would have high speed internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I have faster internet than you, and I live in the land that literacy forgot.

    ReplyDelete