Thursday, September 10, 2009

Space, The Final Frontier

Tonight if you look up at just the right time, you might see something that will remind you how small we are and how big God is.
According to Nasa, the space shuttle and international space station should be visible passing overhead in the Birmingham area.
My wife, two sons, and I sat outside Tuesday night to watch it as well. Seeing those man made spacecrafts moving through the sky caused me to realize that I was looking at one of mankind's greatest achievements, but then looking at all the stars that filled the rest of the sky, my focus quickly shifted from what we've done to what our creator has done. As I watched, I couldn't help but think of the heavens that God has created, noticed all the stars, and imagined the galaxies that are beyond what I can see. The thought that I'm so small compared to all the wonderful things that God has created and yet he still chooses to love me, and sent His son to die for me, it's makes me want to worship Him. I know that Nasa didn't send those astronauts into space to lead me in worship, but Tuesday night, that's exactly what they did.

If you're in the Birmingham area, I encourage you to look in the Northwestern sky at 7:26. You might see a small shining dot moving from NorthWest to North, North-East. That will be the space shuttle. Then at 7:30, another small dot, following the exact same path. That's the international space station. They should each be visible for about 2 minutes.

You can find more info here... http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

No comments:

Post a Comment