Friday, August 21, 2009

Movie Review: 2 for 1

I haven't done this in a while, so I thought it might be time for another movie review. And since I've seen 2 movies recently that I enjoyed, I'll mention them both.

I've been working on rearranging my home office for a couple months now. So every night after the kids and the wife go to bed (9pm), I usually retreat to my office, put a movie in the dvd player, and work on organizing all my stuff while watching the movie of the day.

I've watched 2 recently I'd like to tell you about...

1.) The Kingdom: Starring Jamie Fox, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, and many other character actors you'll recognize. It's a story of an FBI investigative squad who travel to Saudi Arabia to investigate a bombing attack on Americans citizens. I've had this on my DVR for months and had put off watching it becuase I never really felt in the right mood to watch a war movie. (That's what I thought it was originally) Wow, was I wrong. It's so much more. I highly recommend that you see this movie. The movie does a great job making you care about the characters and the action scenes towards the end are very well done. The only negative I have to say about this movie is that is takes a while to really get going. But once it does, you'll see that the beginning was all building up to something. It is rated R for violence and language, so consider yourself warned. But if you want to see a good movie. I encourage you to rent this one.

2.) Last House On The Left - I blogged a few weeks ago about how I was giving up horror movies. Well I take all that back. This movie was great. All I knew about this one going in was that it was about a family who's faced with dealing with a group of intruders after they've attacked their daughter. I also knew that this was a remake of a Wes Craven movie, so it had be be watchable. I don't want to give anything away about the movie. I'll just say this... I'm not sure who's more scary, an intruder in your home or the father of a daughter who you've attacked. Again rated R. Much violence and language. I'll close this review with a lesson that ths film and many others have taught me.: Apparently, if you've going to have a fight in the house, at some point you have to move the fight into the kitchen. There are many more weapons in there than in any other room in the house.

OK...I may or may not have also watched the Matthew Perry / Zac Efron remake of 17 Again. If I did watch it, and I'm not saying I did. It might have been much better than I might have expected it to be.

Have you seen anything good recently?

1 comment: