Friday, December 9, 2005

Oh! Grow Up!

I realized today that I'm 11.
Physically I'm 30 years old. But mentally I think I'm 11.

I think I've known this for a while, but it really hit home for me today when a co-worker mentioned that he can't walk into Wal-mart without going through the tool section just to see what new gadgets are available.

I do the same thing, except I always walk through the toy section then the section where they keep the playstation games. And I do it for the same reason. I want to know what is new on the shelves.

I think part my interest in the toy section really started happening a few years ago when the toys I grew up with started reappearing on the shelves. G.I. Joe's, Transformers, Star Wars, superheroes. Even my pic for my livejournal profile is of a favorite G.I. Joe character of mine from when I was a kid. (FYI: His name is SnakeEyes. He's a Ninja who can't speak due to injuries received while saving a friend while fighting in 'Nam) Is it sad that I still know that and that I still think he's a cool character?

I'm not sure when I'm going to grow up. There's a part of me that hopes I never do. I think the day that I'm no longer impressed with the look of the new Batmobile on the toy shelf is the day that I'll consider myself old.

No comments:

Post a Comment