Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday Setlist August 4th 2013

Been a while since I updated the ole' blog and LOTS has been going on.
I've definitely got some catching up to do. But for now, I'll just talk about yesterday.

Here's a glimpse of our service from yesterday along with some notes and other thoughts about the service.



Crown Him With Many Crowns (updated hymn arrangement)
Open The Eyes Of My Heart (Paul Baloche)
Welcome / Announcements / Fellowship
Sing, Sing, Sing (Chris Tomlin)
Song Of Moses (Aaron Keyes)
Offertory Prayer
Choir Special: “Shine On Us” (Octavo)
Been many years since we've sung this. It sounded GREAT! I love hearing our choir on songs like this and seeing them worship.  
Transitional Chorus: Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Hymn)

Message: Bro. Steve – “Listen To God: The Word that speaks to my Heart” (Acts 8:26-40)
Theme: How God uses scripture to guide us.

Invitation: I Surrender All (Hymn)
Closing Chorus: All Hail King Jesus (Kent Henry)

My favorite moments of the morning were watching one of our members worship as we sang the bridge of "Song of Moses" (sometimes the members lead me in worship more that I lead them.) and leading our choir and orchestra in "Shine On Us." The last verse was especially powerful...

Lord, let your love, love with no end, come over us, 
That we may be saved, That we may have life. 
To find our way in the darkest night, 
Let your love come over us.

This post is part of TheWorshipCommunity.com's Sunday Setlist. Check it out to see what other worshipers are doing around the world. 


What was your favorite part of your church service?

No comments:

Post a Comment