Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Accent Blog

Sometimes I have good ideas to blog about.
Sometimes I just borrow (steal) ideas from others.
Sometimes I take the time to make a 6 minute video with the intent to post it.
And sometimes, I wait and post it 18 months later.

Ok, so here's the deal. In September of 2011, Jamie (and some other bloggers) posted videos they all called an 'accent blog'. Each was just a video of the blogger reading a list of words and answering questions so you could hear what their voices sounded like. Jamie posted her accent blog, so a day or two later, just for kicks, I created my own.

I uploaded it to youtube, watched the result, and was very surprised. Due to my crappy internet connection, there had been some sort of glitch in uploading and my voice didn't match my mouth. It was so bad that it seemed "Godzirra" might "destroy my virrage" at any moment. So I chose not to post it.

I happened to find that video again recently. One element of the video that I had forgotten about was a little lesson at the end where I took a couple minutes to explain the correct way to say my name. It might not seem that difficult, but some folks just don't get it. If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, I recommend skipping to the 5min mark, so you can at least benefit from the lesson.
Now, for your amusement and education I present "My Accent Blog (from 18 months ago)".



The List:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught


The Questions:
  1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  4. What do you call gym shoes?
  5. What do you say to address a group of people?
  6. What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body & extremely long legs?
  7. What do you call your grandparents?
  8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

Was I wrong about any of that? If you think so, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment