Thursday, February 7, 2013

For My Sister On Her 40th Birthday

Today is Shannon’s Birthday.
Shannon is my older sister.

She is the person who...
1. encouraged (dared) me to jump off a 2’ high ledge when I was 3 years old.
I broke my arm. I cried about it for hours.
The Stinson's, pre-Leslie. 1978?

2.) when I was 6, gave me an education on The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, & Santa Claus all within 5 minutes. I cried about it for days.


The Stinson's, in all our 1980 glory.

3.) sat with me and said “Yeah, I can do your hair for you. It will look cool and winged back like the guys on TV.”  I'm still crying about this.

The Stinson's, with special guest: Shawn's hair. 1986?


4.) who might kill me for sharing all these pictures.

She is also the person... who looked out for me, laughed with me, encouraged me, and gave me guidance and advice when I needed it. I’m thankful for her and all the great times we’ve had together.

Oh yeah, she’s also the person who turned 40 today!!!!
So maybe, she’ll give me guidance on how to survive that when I get there ....a looong time from now.

Happy Birthday, Shannon.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment