Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, Monday

My mornings have become the best part of my days recently. That's the time I get to see my family.

Ethan was in such a good mood this morning. Kristi is on Spring break this week so they got to sleep in somewhat. But when I had to explain to him that I had to go to work, he looked so sad. He asked me if I was going to "talk to God" and "sing songs" those are the things he says I do at church. I had to explain to him that I had to go to work not church. He then smiled real big and said "Daddy works with Biiiggg trucks!" I just laughed and said, yes Daddy is going to work with the big trucks. I think my son thinks I'm a truck Driver. But he thinks thats really cool so I'm okay with it too.

When I got to work, my day got a little less than happy. 3 people have quit recently and that has increased the work load on the rest of us. Beginning immediately I have to start working the rental counter again on a regular basis and closing every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. That means I won't be getting home until 7pm each of those nights. I'm really beginning to dislike some of the things about my job right now. While I'm not looking for another job, I can tell you that I'd be open to exploring my options.

I'm at the church right now. We've got a work night scheduled to continue to work on the stage for the Easter drama. It rained alot today. I hope people show up. We've still got alot to do and we're running out of time to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting stressed in any way. I'm just hoping that we get enough done today that I can still have some nights off in the next three weeks. I really enjoy spending time with my family and I'm beginning to feel the effects of begin gone so much.

I'm lucky to have a wife who understands what God has called me to do and can put up with the difficult schedules periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment