Saturday, December 15, 2012

Shaken To The Core




I've been sitting here making final preparations for tomorrow night's Christmas music service at church.
I happened to look over at facebook and saw that the names of the victims of the CT school shooting have been announced. My wife is a kindergarten teacher. My sons are in kindergarten and 3rd grade. This hits home for me. Honestly, I'm shaken to the core.

I've been thinking about Christmas songs of hope and joy and peace.
In Connecticut there are parents asking "why".
I'm looking over my shoulder at my sons and wife watching a Christmas show on TV.
In Connecticut there are parents looking at wrapped gifts under the tree that will never be opened by the person they were purchased for.
I'm wondering how I'm going to survive the hectic holiday schedule that is upon us.
In Connecticut, there are parents wondering how they are going to survive without their missing loved ones.

I can't help but pause from my music preparation to focus on the victims, on the grieving families, and on the churches in that area that have an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus to them.
My heart is with the loved ones of these victims............
The below list and information is based on a list of victim's names and dates of birth I found on Foxnews.com

Charlotte Bacon was 6 years old.

Daniel Barden was 7 years old.

Rachel Davino was 29 years old.

Olivia Engel was 6 years old.

Josephine Gay turned 7 years old 4 days ago.

Ana Marquez-Greene was 6 years old.

Dylan Hockley was 6 years old.

Dawn Hockstrung was 47 years old.

Madeleine F. Hsu was 6 years old.

Catherine V. Hubbard was 6  years old.

Chase Kowalski was 7 years old.

Jesse Lewis was 6 years old.

James Mattioli was 6 years old.

Grace McDonnell was 7 years old.

Anne Marie Murphy was 52 years old.

Emilie Parker was 6 years old.

Jack Pinto was 6 years old.

Noah Pozner was 6 years old.

Caroline Previdi was 6 years old.

Jessica Rekos was 6 years old.

Avielle Richman was 6 years old.

Lauren Russeau was 40 years old.

Mary Sherlach was 56 years old.

Victoria Soto was 27 years old.

Benjamin Wheeler was 6 years old.

Allison N. Wyatt was 6 years old.






No comments:

Post a Comment